Trust is one of the most important elements of any website. If visitors do not feel they can trust you based on your website they will leave the page immediately.
How do you display trust through your website? This is a combination of elements, each equally important.
Trust is important for both commerce and service websites with some different elements that apply to each.
Below are the elements that I recommend to include to help creating trust on your website:
- SSL Certificate – this is a lock symbol that is displayed next your your web address (URL) and mans you have a security certificate installed.
- Latest technology – the website is up to date with technology and plugins and is mobile responsive.
- Show payment badges – if you take payments online, it is important to show the payment methods you offer. Offering multiple methods also adds to trust (and not using only PayPal for example).
- Link to external sites that rate your business – for example Google reviews, Trip Advisor, Zomato…
- Display the platform badge on your website.
- Add a Google Reviews feed showcasing real reviews on your website.
- Display product reviews on product pages.
Showcasing customers that use your product or service or featured your business is known as social proof. This can be displayed in a few ways:
- Logos of businesses you work with
- Logos of publications that featured your business (‘as seen on’)
- Video testimonials
- Testimonials with photo
- Your content must be professional and reflect professionalism – avoid spelling mistakes – and use professional copy.
- High quality images and videos – use your own photos and videos is the best as it shows authenticity and the real products or services.
- Showcase your team with photos and links to LinkedIn Profiles
- For products – include all relevant information: specs, delivery / shipping, care instructions.
- Company contact details – include a contact page with email and phone in additions to online forms.
In conclusion, review your website and see if you have most or all of the above elements to help your website visitors feel secure and trust your brand.