Creating a plan every day seems to be a challenge to many. Creating a bigger scale plan that serves your end goals seems to be easier, maybe because our focus is not on the nitty-gritty everyday stuff.
But, I found that there is some magic in creating a daily plan, and I know this sounds almost like a paradigm, but planning creates freedom. Freedom of choice, freedom to use your time the way you want it to!
Here are 6 easy steps to create your daily plan:
1. Always start with the pre-booked and set in stone commitments that define our lives.
2. Once the skeleton of your day is outlined, grab a piece of paper, and start dumping on it your to-do list.
3. You might have a list of left-over to-do items from yesterday, just add them to the dump.
4. We know, that the less we shift our attention between tasks, the more time we save. Therefore, you must group your to-do items into groups of tasks that are alike, or similar.
5. Assess and estimate how long each to-do segment will take to do.
6. Prioritise your to-do list segments and start assigning time blocks to each task group.
Knowing how much time you have in the day for work, makes the sorting of your to-do list into the day an easy thing once you have done the prioritising exercise.
And this is how you end up creating a daily plan that works for you!